MYCOR Insurance Solutions will only collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and financial products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or insurers;
- Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies.
Personal Information Collected
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, birth date and marital status.
- Claims history
- Credit and past payment records
- Driver’s record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
We may obtain this information from:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations
- Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities
- Financial institutions
- Medical professionals
In general, your consent to our obtaining and using relevant personal information is implicit in your request to us to consult, negotiate or obtain insurance coverage for you. We may, however, still obtain your express consent as part of the application process.
In addition, the following actions by you are indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly MYCOR Insurance Solutions or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or financial service or product (including information previously provided to MYCOR Insurance Solutions);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited MYCOR Insurance Solutions for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. MYCOR Insurance Solutions will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for MYCOR Insurance Solutions to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives, please call us at: 416.849.8161
MYCOR Insurance Solutions will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
MYCOR Insurance Solutions will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
MYCOR Insurance Solutions will only collect, use or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. MYCOR Insurance Solutions will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access